Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Has anyone else used Mapquest and had really bad directions also? Do a bunch of inbreds work there?

We printed directions off of Mapquest to the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium (I'm in Ohio) and wasted a whole day and a lot of gas looking for the place!



What happened was they have several addresses listed on their site, but one with the aquarium; which when I searched, I included aquarium part of the name. Well the address they gave us we followed the exact streets to the dime, it ended at a dead end rural street...far far away from the zoo from what we were told at a gas station, it was so far away we just went home because we were lost!



I was so mad! What kind of inbreds work there? I have heard of many misdirections on their part since then. From now on I'm gonna use RandMcnally or Yahoo, but what a waste in a day and fuel! Then how many others do this same thing? I reported it to them to help others, but just warning anyone else!Has anyone else used Mapquest and had really bad directions also? Do a bunch of inbreds work there?
mapquest sux
that has happened a lot to me i used instead local.live.com and it is really good for looking for destinations and creating your own and i also have a gps garmin and it is a gift from above and it is sooooooo greatHas anyone else used Mapquest and had really bad directions also? Do a bunch of inbreds work there?
Yes, mapquest sucks. I have tried to get directions from them, had a really crappy map laid out for me, and directions that took me 15 miles out of the way.
I had a similar problem, except MapQuest had me looking for a street that didn't exist on my way to a JOB INTERVIEW. I ended up being 5 minutes late and needless to say, didn't get the job.



The problem is they don't update their maps enough. I've had several cases occur where streets or other places just don't exist anymore. There's obviously also a problem with their algorithms they use to determine the best directions. They can't possibly forecast every set of directions that they might have to chart when designing their map engine, but it does need to be improved upon.



I've tried Yahoo and gotten similar results, though not as consistently bad directions.
I can't stand mapquest. Use yahoo maps they have the best directions. Every time my parents do mapquest we get lost. Yahoo is the best in almost every thing they do.
Yes, there are errors at MapQuest. I always print the detailed Map, as well as the directions. As soon as the directions go WRONG, I stop and ask for directions.



I found terrible errors at MapQuest in the Poconos. There are also some errors in many of the small New England cities, in the downtown areas. Unknown one-way streets, unknown blocked and cut-off streets. The only way to combat possible MapQuest errors, is to watch your odometer carefully, and recognize that it WRONG when it happens.



Yes, there are probably errors at RandMcnally and Yahoo Directions also. So maybe the smart move is to try out TWO or more. The less that you know of your destination, the more map sites that you should try. (I used to use a website... MapBlast, but it's gone now. At the time, I found it better than MapQuest).



Good luck
You could have saved time and just went to one of the best zoos in the nation.



The Columbus Zoo.
Yea, that's happened to me too!
I was going to my basketball game once and the directions were pretty lame. They gave us pretty much the longest way to get there from our house. By the time I got there, there wasn't any time for me to warm up or anything. Sadly, I've had other mishaps with Mapquest. I just basically stick to Yahoo! Maps now.
  • christian bookstore
  • national tire and battery
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment