Friday, February 24, 2012

What colleges could I get into?

I'm looking to go for Biology.



Resume:

SAT - 1670

ACT - 26

Freshman year GPA - 2.6

Sophmore year GPA - 2.9

Junior year GPA - 3.4

Senior year GPA - expecting around a 4.5 or higher



In my freshman up to my junior year i had severe depression. Thus the terrible GPA's.

I've had two internships; One at the Pittsburgh Zoo and Aquarium, and one at the National Aviary. Both of which are centered around Biology. I've also have done many of projects with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. I've volunteered since 8th grade at PACC helping hands., which is a program that caters to the mentally challenged. I've also been volunteering at a horse stable since the age of 8. I feed, water, medicate the horses. I've played the Piano since I was 5. I'm in a band that plays at school functions a lot. I'm in G.A.T.E. which is gifted and talented education. It's a program at my school for kids with I.Q.'s over 140. I've been a class officer since 10th grade. At the start of freshman year I was in no honors classes. As of now I'm in all honors and 1 A.P. course. I created and run an Ultimate Frisbee club team at my school, and it has high success. I also play in an ultimate Frisbee league around Pittsburgh. I'm on the rowing team (since freshman year) I've taken twice the recommended science credits and I'm taking two science courses next year. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I want to make something of myself and I can't do that with out going to college lol.What colleges could I get into?
I think you could get into most state schools. Their test score requirements and grade points are often lower than private institutions. A friend of mine's son got in to Western Michigan University with a 24 on his ACT to prove my point.



Don't overlook private institutions, though. They have higher requirements for grade point and scores, but look at individual cases. Your extracurriculars are awesome and your educational history is compelling, which will count when applying to schools.



Go to meeting and visit days to show schools your interest in them, plus you get to meet some administrators who may remember a well presented image!



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment