Friday, February 24, 2012

Which is a better place to surf at: Kiawah Island or Hilton Head Island?

I am a beginner and if you could please include details about the better place.Which is a better place to surf at: Kiawah Island or Hilton Head Island?
There are better spots in S.Carolina. I know a few people who surf (or I should say used to surf there) at Hilton Head. I never heard of anybody surfing at Kiawah Island (I thought only rich golfers went there anyhow. From surfline.com, " Private developments with little access. Surf anywhere if you're staying here, though. You can get onto Kiawahs' beach at Beachwalker County Park.").



But there are a few really decent places to surf in S. Carolina. I am going to spend ten days at one spot next there starting next Friday. (I heard from an SC surfer I was just talking to on the phone that it's going to be overhead there tomorrow ). But, I won't disclose that spot on line.



If you are a beginner, check out some of the answers to old, resolved questions, there is some good information in them.



I have been surfing for 42 years, and I still get the best answers to my surfing questions at good surf shops at the places where I surf. Go to a surf shop, not a computer. the folks there can hook you up with lessons, rent you a board to learn on; sell you a board when you are ready to buy, and point you to all of the good local spots. Stuff you can't get by computer.



When you are no longer a beginner, you will understand why I won't tell anybody on line where I think is the best break down that way. It is already crowded enough. Good luck!



Check out the link for some S. carolina surfing info

http://www.surfline.com/travel/index.cfm鈥?/a>

The surfline info is really accurate and informative.
Umm my family has a place in Kiawah and I'm just going to say that of the coutless times I've been there, only once have I seen waves big enough to actually surf D= Don't know about Hilton Head though

Report Abuse

Which is a better place to surf at: Kiawah Island or Hilton Head Island?
Everyone knows that Wilmington, North Carolina has the best surf!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment