Friday, February 24, 2012

What are some fun activites near Kiawah Island, SC.?

My family and I are traveling to Kiawah this April and would like to find some fun activites to do while visiting. We are very interested in water sports, but have not been able to find much. Also, my friend has been horseback riding on the beach, and I wonder if there is any places to do that. The farthest we will travel away from Kiawah is 45 min. I am open to suggestions!What are some fun activites near Kiawah Island, SC.?
Oh my goodness~ what's not to do?? RE: water sports--you won't find jet skis and the like. You will find kayaking, boats for rent (or chartered).



For kayaking I highly recommend Ralph Earhart at http://www.kayakcharleston.net/kayaktours.shtml Last summer was my first time kayaking. I was a little nervous especially since my two outdoor/sports allergic teenagers were in tow. Ralph is an excellent teacher and I'm hooked on kayaking now. The most relaxed I've been in a long time.



Bohicket Marina is home to many boats for rent. Here's the website (it appears to be down at the moment--they are undergoing a name change to Bohicket Marina and Market): http://bohicket.com/



You can ride horses-trail or beach rides-over on Seabrook Island. Contact the Equestrian Center: http://www.discoverseabrook.com/content/default.aspx?nid=721%26amp;snid=750



For other ideas, feel free to visit my blog: http://south-carolina-lowcountry.blogspot.com/



Word of advice: if you are visiting on or near Easter, get your activity reservations asap.



Enjoy!
There is so much to do on Kiawah, that you will never need to leave the island! They offer a wide variety of nature tours, kayak excursions %26amp; fishing trips. Our unparalleled Kamp Kiawah %26amp; family activities are offered all year round, for all ages. Bike %26amp; Beach Rentals, too! www.KiawahRecreation.com

Report Abuse

What are some fun activites near Kiawah Island, SC.?
Check www.WelcomeToKiawah.com for some ideas. The "Something Fun To Do Today" section has activities on island and nearby.



Either the Kiawah Island Golf Resort or Tidal Trails provide terrific kayak tours. Alligator Bikes rents bicycles if you don't have them, and they are a wonderful way to explore the island.



The South Carolina Aquarium has the Sea Turtle Hospital which is not to be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment