Friday, February 24, 2012

Which beach around Charleston, SC should I go to?

I can't decide between Folly Beach, Isle of Palms, or Kiawah Island. I'm want to go to the most scenic of the three and have never been to either one of them. I looked up pictures but still can't decide.Which beach around Charleston, SC should I go to?
I'd go for Beachwalker Park on Kiawah Island. It's a South Carolina public beach. Kiawah Island Resort is gated but just before you reach the Main Gate turn right and follow the signs to Beachwalker Park. It's really nice and clean with access to the entire Kiawah Island beachfront which is over ten miles long end to end. Kiawah has very wide beaches. The dunes are wild and pretty. Sunset (and sunrise) are beautiful. There are a few concession stands for ice cream and snacks, good parking, a low boardwalk out to the beach and nice public restrooms. It's very low key and the beach is never crowded. The drive from downtown charleston is about 40 minutes, follow the signs for Kiawah Island. That's my personal choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment